The recent spell of good weather has meant that us Brits who crave the sun have flocked to the beach at every opportunity to try and soak up some of those sun rays, which often results in a lot of people suffering from sunburn. When used properly following safety guidelines sun beds can offer a safe and controlled environment in which you can increase the production of your Vitamin D whilst achieving a tan. According to the Sun bed association in moderation exposure to UV light through sunbeds can increase and maintain your Vitamin D production which can lead to a reduction in health issues such as heart disease, low bone density, obesity, osteoporosis, psoriasis, depression and internal cancers when carried out in a safe manner.
Here at Body Language we have well maintained, effective, hygienic equipment for responsible tanning that uses advanced simulating tubes allowing users to achieve a natural SPF. We provide some basic advice on how you can use a sunbed safely. If however you are in ever in doubt or need assistance you should always seek the advice of a medical professional or tanning specialist.
– Make sure you don’t over abuse the sunbeds; follow the recommended guidelines of how often you should tan and for how long each tanning session should last. You should also bear in mind that there are varying recommendations for different skin types. Therefore you should seek the advice of a tanning professional that will be able to help you decide what tanning time is most suited to you to avoid your skin from burning.
– You should always build your tan gradually by slowly increasing the length of time in which you sunbathe.
– Always wear tanning Goggles – At Body Language we provide a free pair of disposable tanning goggles with every visit.
– Always wipe down the sun bed thoroughly to kill/ remove any lingering bacteria that might be found on the surface.
– Never sunbathe out in the sun on the same day that you have had a tanning session using a sunbed.
– Make sure you leave at least 24 hours between each tanning session although you will find that some people will recommend you leave at least 48 hours between tanning sessions.
– The law states that anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted to use a sun bed
For more information about our tanning services at Body Language – Click here